MPLS and GMPLS Expertise
With the first portable, longest standing, and most widely deployed MPLS / GMPLS solution
in the industry, Metaswitch is the undisputed leader in MPLS network software products.
This is supported by our continuous involvement throughout the development
of the MPLS standards, which has resulted in many major milestones.
- Metaswitch is extremely active in the standardization of MPLS, including
co-authorship and contributions to many of the IETF drafts and OIF specifications.
- The first portable GMPLS protocol solution in the world.
The first GMPLS specification was the MPL(ambda)S drafts from Calient Networks and others
in 2000. These became the GMPLS drafts during 2001. Metaswitch developed
its GMPLS solution working alongside Calient.
- The first portable UNI protocol solution in the world. In early 2001,
Metaswitch extended its GMPLS software to support OIF UNI. In June 2001
the OIF mounted a UNI demonstration at SuperComm. And half of the 22 devices
in that demonstration used our software.
- The first portable G.709 OTN protocol solution in the world.
Delivered in early 2010, fully compliant with ITU G.709 and IETF RFC4328.
- The first portable LMP protocol solution in the world.
DC-LMP includes IETF and OIF UNI support.
- Metaswitch MPLS and GMPLS customers today include the top packet and optical vendors
such as Alcatel-Lucent, CIENA, ETRI, Extreme, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, NEC, and Siemens.
For inquiries about Metaswitch's
MPLS products and expertise contact