The simplified block diagram below shows the
basic software architecture of the DC-LMP product.
For an overview of the DC-LMP software and its features, see
DC-LMP Product Overview.
DC-LMP Software Components
The DC-LMP product consists of the following software
- Configuration Management: Implements the LMP
and product MIBs.
- Control Channel Management: Bootstraps the IP control
channel and ensures it remains operational.
- Link Property Correlation: Detects inconsistencies
between local and remote link mappings.
- Link Verification: Automatically detects the link
mappings between neighbors.
- Fault Localization: Isolates faults on an end to
end light path to a single link.
- UNI Service Discovery: Implements the service
discovery function for the UNI.
- Protocol Handling: Builds and decodes LMP
MIB Configuration and Management Interface
All aspects of DC-LMP configuration and management are
accessible through the MIB interface. It uses Metaswitch's N-BASE MIB management framework, which
enables easy integration with SNMP, CORBA, TL1, GUI, or any other management solution.
Data Link Management Interface (DLMI)
This is the interface to the optical data links. It is used to
- send Test messages
- notify DC-LMP of Test messages received
- notify DC-LMP of data link failure
- explicitly test a data link during fault detection
- determine the connections between upstream and downstream
links during fault detection
- notify DC-LMP of the allocation and deallocation of a
particular data link.
IP Sockets Interface
Most of the LMP protocol messages flow as raw IP
datagrams over the IP control channel. The IP Sockets interface is used to send and receive these
messages through the underlying IP stack.
For more information about Metaswitch's
LMP product and expertise contact