The simplified block diagram below shows the
basic software architecture of the DC-OSPF product.
For an overview of the DC-OSPF software and its features, see
DC-OSPF Product Overview.
In the above architecture diagram, the components
shown within the shaded boxes form the core portable DC-OSPF source code components.
OSPF Protocol Manager
The OSPF Protocol Manager component supports the core
OSPF protocol function.
- Management of neighbors and database synchronization
- Maintenance of link state database
- Calculation of best OSPF routes using Dijkstra
- Distribution of next hop routes to Routing Table Manager
and traffic engineering link state information to CSPF calculator
- Support for separation of data bearing and control links
for optical networks
- Multiple instances of OSPF supports Virtual Routers
OSPF Neighbor Manager
The OSPF Neighbor Manager supports interactions with OSPF neighbors.
- Creation and maintenance of adjacencies
- Forwarding OSPF packets to and from the Protocol Manager
- Maintaining adjacencies during failover of the Protocol Manager
Routing Table Manager
The Routing Table Manager selects a single active
route for each destination and uses this information to program the Forwarding Tables. DC-OSPF can work with
DC-RTM or a third party routing table manager.
The CSPF Calculator deals with
Quality of Service queries (finding the best route to a destination that meets specified constraints,
such as a specified minimum bandwidth). DC-CSPF provides a flexible CSPF calculator designed for
use with DC-ISIS and DC-OSPF.
For more information about Metaswitch's
OSPF product and expertise contact